CPA Tax Preparer Services
Managing forms, deadlines, eligible deductions and credits, and ever-changing tax laws for businesses can be overwhelming.
Count on LCW CPAs to prepare and file your business tax return, proactively advising you of strategies to minimize tax liability while managing details and deadlines so you can focus on running your business.
Tax Preparer Services for all Business Entities
The tax accountants at LCW CPAs prepare taxes for all business entities including partnerships, LLCs, S Corporations, and C Corporations. The entity type will determine the federal and state forms needed to complete your tax filings. LLCs are taxed in many ways, making it more complex than other entities.
If your business was formed under the wrong entity type, you may be paying more taxes than necessary. We can help you with an analysis of formation options to optimize your tax situation. Learn more about our business formation services here.
Federal and state tax return preparation is just the beginning when preparing a business tax return. There are many more taxes that may be applicable to your business including sales tax, payroll tax, franchise tax, and other industry-specific taxes.
As your CPA firm, it is our job to pay attention to all the details, manage tax deadlines, extensions, and applicable deductions and credits. We will look carefully to identify every possible deduction and available credit, discuss your options with you, and perform your tax compliance work accurately and on time.
Not-for-profit, tax-exempt organizations have annual IRS return requirements, too. They may not need to pay taxes, but they do need to file an information return, the Form 990, with the IRS each year. Form 990 includes information on the not-for-profit organization’s purpose, finances, and programs.
If your not-for-profit organization needs help preparing and filing their form 990, please contact us.
Other services we offer businesses related to tax preparation and filing:
- Tax returns that need to be amended
There are many reasons a tax return needs to be amended. There may have been an error made when it was originally filed. It could be that a tax law changed, and amending a return puts the taxpayer in a better position. In any case, if you need to amend a return for any reason, we can help you.
- Tax returns that were not filed on time
Are you late filing a tax return? Have you missed a few years and want to get caught up ?
We can help you prepare and file prior year tax returns. If you have challenges with lost records, we can help you through the process. It is easier than you may think.
When your return is late, there are two penalties: failure to pay and failure to file. These penalties only get bigger as more time passes. The best option is to get professional help to work out a payment plan with the IRS or the state. With tax professionals like us negotiating for you, it is common to get a portion of the amount due forgiven.
- Corresponding with the IRS
If you receive a letter from the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), we can help you interpret what action is required. The letter could be a standard routine notice or it could be something bigger like an audit. In either case, we are here year-round to help.
- State apportionment
LCW CPAs helps business clients who operate in multiple states with calculating state apportionment for income tax filings by state. Business clients operating across state lines can count on our tax accountants who are knowledgeable regarding unique state requirements for apportioning income by state for accurate state income tax filings.
We provide accounting services, tax planning and preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations for individuals and businesses. Our clients are throughout most of eastern Massachusetts, the Merrimack Valley, south down to Woburn, west to Route 495 and east out to the seacoast. In New Hampshire, our clients are throughout Southern New Hampshire including Salem, Nashua, and Manchester, north up to Concord, and east over to the seacoast of New Hampshire.
As a progressive accounting firm, embracing technology to serve our clients effectively and efficiently is a priority to us. We offer consulting services and managed accounting services, including outsourced CFO and bookkeeping services, to businesses throughout the United States.
Why LCW CPAs
We offer many reasons why you should contact us to be your chosen CPA firm.
- We are local. As a local CPA firm, we offer the opportunity to build a working relationship where we get to know you and you get to know us. Maybe this sounds old-fashioned, but to us, it is the best way to work.
- We are progressive. We embrace improving and striving for better ways to help our clients. We utilize technology as an enabler to be more efficient and effective.
- We speak your language. Literally. We have many accountants fluent in multiple languages to best serve our diverse client base.
- We have a long-term view. We look to build relationships over time and seek to work with clients who value the benefits of a productive working relationship. If you are looking to secure a partner in the truest sense of the word, then we may be a great fit.
- We are experienced, credentialed, and knowledgeable. As CPAs, we offer expertise and knowledge to provide thoughtful guidance and advice.
- We offer a superior client experience where in every interaction you will experience our diligence, empathy, responsiveness, and the attention that you deserve. You can count on us to go above and beyond to do the right thing.
- We work with commitment and passion; we believe it is important to be good corporate citizens who are actively engaged in the community; we are deeply committed to the City of Lawrence and committed to helping our clients achieve their own American Dream.
Working with LCW has been one of the best business decisions I have ever made. They have really made a great difference in how I have run my two businesses. LCW’s sage advice has helped us save money and be more profitable while adhering to all the federal & state tax laws that are required to run a business. During good times and difficult times we have been able to turn to LCW for counsel.
– Richard B.
If you are looking for a CPA firm to proactively advise you on opportunities to minimize your tax liability while managing all tax-related details and deadlines, please contact us.