Entity Structure Optimization
At LCW CPAs, we help individuals and business owners evaluate and choose the best entity type for one’s business. Entity structure optimization is an element of the strategic planning services we offer our clients.
There are many factors to consider when selecting an entity type as each has different legal and tax advantages and disadvantages. The most common types are:
- Sole proprietor
- Limited liability company (LLC), of which there are a few kinds as well as different tax treatments, and these vary state by state
- C corporation
- S corporation
As accountants, we are available to review the options and advise you of the recommended entity structure for your business. We will also help you get started with business filing requirements.
As your business grows, it may outgrow the initial entity structure. At LCW CPAs, we can help you evaluate the right business entity structure and help you re-organize if a change is determined to be the best course of action.
We provide accounting services, tax planning and preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations for individuals and businesses. Our clients are throughout most of eastern Massachusetts, the Merrimack Valley, south down to Woburn, west to Route 495 and east out to the seacoast. In New Hampshire, our clients are throughout Southern New Hampshire including Salem, Nashua, and Manchester, north up to Concord, and east over to the seacoast of New Hampshire.
As a progressive accounting firm, embracing technology to serve our clients effectively and efficiently is a priority to us. We offer consulting services and managed accounting services, including outsourced CFO and bookkeeping services, to businesses throughout the United States.
Why LCW CPAs
We offer many reasons why you should contact us to be your chosen CPA firm.
- We are local. As a local CPA firm, we offer the opportunity to build a working relationship where we get to know you and you get to know us. Maybe this sounds old-fashioned, but to us, it is the best way to work.
- We are progressive. We embrace improving and striving for better ways to help our clients. We utilize technology as an enabler to be more efficient and effective.
- We speak your language. Literally. We have many accountants fluent in multiple languages to best serve our diverse client base.
- We have a long-term view. We look to build relationships over time and seek to work with clients who value the benefits of a productive working relationship. If you are looking to secure a partner in the truest sense of the word, then we may be a great fit.
- We are experienced, credentialed, and knowledgeable. As CPAs, we offer expertise and knowledge to provide thoughtful guidance and advice.
- We offer a superior client experience where in every interaction you will experience our diligence, empathy, responsiveness, and the attention that you deserve. You can count on us to go above and beyond to do the right thing.
- We work with commitment and passion; we believe it is important to be good corporate citizens who are actively engaged in the community; we are deeply committed to the City of Lawrence and committed to helping our clients achieve their own American Dream.
I needed help establishing a non-profit and was referred to Doug Thompson, CPA at LCW. Doug specializes in nonprofits and WOW – he was so helpful, so generous with his time, and he happily provided all the information I needed to move forward. I highly recommend LCW CPAs for your business needs and… if you’re seeking the necessary support you need to create a nonprofit entity (it’s complicated folks!) – call Doug!!
– Ande L.
Choosing the right entity structure for your business is an important and strategic decision that has legal and tax consequences. Contact us to assist you in making an informed decision or with reevaluating your entity structure as circumstances and laws change.